My Playlist


My other playlist.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, March 14, 2008

Bonnie-isms....if you've got one, lets hear it!!!



Bonnie is probably never going to read this, so give me your best!

Here is a favorite of mine: "Are your arms painted on?"

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I already gave one of my favorites with: Well, I wasn't invited. So for now (until I can think after being up for so long) I'll just add "the whistle" she would use to call dad whenever she needed something when he was down stairs or in another room.

Liz said...

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! I so remember that!

jenn w said...

Heres a few off the top of my head...

1. Truely. Really and truely.
2. My family (mike, pat etc..)is driving me crazy..
3. I dont talk that way to you (talking to dad)
4. Heres one i got alot as a sassy teen.."im gonna remember that"

jenn w said...

and the only time she 'remembered it' was when i wanted to go to a stake dance...

Nick said...

I was going to say the whistle, but I didn't think that counted since it isn't technically a word. I'll just add "Day-vu-ud!", you know how she calls dad after the whistle with the little sing-song?

Also- the sharp, saliva-laden intake of breath as she performs something slightly uncomfortable like putting in contacts.

jenn w said...

yes! that and the long, drawn out snort as she is rolling her eyes at something.....so Bonnie!

kim said...

I'm calling your mom tonight!!! I still know the phone number. I couldn't call my husband, mother or sister if my life depended on it, but I could call your mom.

Jenn-- I remember your number 4, seems I was around enough to hear that when you were being snotty.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I feel like I've been hit by a truck.

jenn w said...

i look like a pig dog.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's just me that get's this one from her a lot. "I didn't raise you to talk that way!" And that's for saying something like Butt or fart.

Muriel said...

"-Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in The Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."
(movie?)
I wish I could think of something. I haven't seen any of you for soooo long! But I giggled when reading all of yours because I heard most of them through the years.

Alien Master said...

Oh, he's very popular Ed. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, s***s, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, d***heads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude.

Hahahaha I just watched that movie the other day too.


Another ism I got when I was younger was.... "Ketchup is NOT a food, it's a taste." That applied to anything that I would use in excess on a food item she made that I thought was disgusting to eat and would need to add something like Ketchup to kill the taste.


And one She still swears to this day is when I tell her about a time when Dad would spank one of us for some odd reason or another and she always says back "Your dad never spanked you!" always sounding completely offended I would suggest something like that. And while I can offer no material proof that this ever happened, I do remember that one time when Eric and Liz were doing something naughty at dinner one night. I think flicking mashed Potatoes on the ceiling and Dad came by and took both of their heads and mushed them into their plates. Now THAT was funny!

Muriel said...

Is this Joe? Props for knowing my Ferris Bueller quote.

I'll be your material proof. I have witnesses spanking, I think I remember a belt was involved.

And what makes you think Clay is an alien!?

jenn w said...

I swear i remember that mashed potato incident....mom is in such denial about us ever getting spanked. Whats the big deal???? so we got spanked. alot.

Nick said...

That reminds me of Liz parodying that one sappy 80's song whose words she changed from:
"I believe the children are our future, teach them well and (yada yada blah blah)...

to:

"I believe the children are annoying, spank their butts and make them cry all day..."

Don't worry Sara, that was before you were born.

apyknowzitall said...

Maybe she's afraid that if she confirms that you guys have been spanked then we will go willy nilly on our kids. I don't know what the big deal is, I was spanked many many times.

jenn w said...

Its so not a big deal. I think its necessary sometimes.

One time when i was real little dad came home from work and we had started dinner without him. Eric, Liz and Joe had all been goofing off at the table and for some strange reason i was the only one behaving myself.(i must've been tired, or sick..)So, when dad walked over to the dinner table, mom said to him "these kids need slaps"....so dad starts walking around as mom ordered...."that one" (pointing to eric) slap! "that one" (pointing to Liz)slap! "that one" (to joe) slap! then dad just assumes i was next so he totally slapped me on the back of my head and mom yells "not that one!"

She doesnt remember that story either. It always makes me laugh.

Nick,

There is more to that song parody although i cant remember....i Lol so hard just now i cried. I cant beleive you thought of that!

Liz said...

spank-on, spankers! spank-on!

apyknowzitall said...

I actually spanked last night, first time in a while. Elise was supposed to be brushing her teeth, 10 minutes later she was drawing on the mirror with toothpaste. It sounds trivial now but this is after I found 5 strawberry tops under the couch, one of my protein water mixes ripped up in the bathroom garbage ("But I thought the toilet was a glass of water..", and deodorant smeared on the wall.

SimplySara♥™ said...

oh my goodness. this is great!

sandi said...

Adding to Muriel. I remember for verification in more detail the spankin with the belt was for Joe after he had been caught on the roof, through Jen and Liz's window. I remember being so scared watching as he walked out of the room grabbing the belt as he left. I think this was the same summer that we memorized This:

Happy Anniversary darling, as you go so far away, we were meant to be together this special day.... so I'm giving you this Hallmark and I hope that you will see.... what I'm really giving you is a part of me.

When you care enough to send the best.. Send a Hallmark.

And many other commercial tunes but this one for some reason always stuck!

apyknowzitall said...

FYI- we've been infiltrated by Bonnie

Alien Master said...

Yeah, and I just got spanked again by Dave, and Beaner was standing there pointing "that one" spank!